Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.28 and SSL update

On Tue, 2002-10-22 at 19:18, Matthias Andree wrote:
> 3. click on "How do I use fetchnews with NNTP/SSL servers, such as
>    nntp.sourceforge.net?"

I don't think that this will work precisely as documented (assuming that
SF ever wakes up...) - there's no mechanism for passing username and
password in. I assume that you'd need to specify these within the
leafnode configuration. It certainly doesn't work if I point Pan
directly at localhost configured with stunnel to SF, passing username
and password from Pan itself.

Any plans to add nttps support to leafnode - either as a client[1] or as
a server[2]? I realise that basic functionality and stability are more
vital goals.

Andy

Notes
[1] preferred in this case
[2] which seems less necessary

--
Andy Piper - Farnborough, Hampshire (UK)
andy.piper@xxxxxxxxxx