Re: [leafnode-list] Re: [leafnode-2.0.0.alpha] `fetchnews -P'

"Michael O'Quinn" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Then, when fetchnews is run again, and the article returns from the
> upstream server, it can be deleted from maybe.posted.  If it isn't found
> on the upstream server, it can be moved back to out.going for another
> attempt.  (Or simply re-attempted from maybe-posted...)

Might be intricate. I'm not convinced I want to add the "per-server"
queues, but I'm thinking about a "just-try" method:

If the response is INN's 441 437 Duplicate, then we know it's already
there, some more arguments like these might have to be added. If we
can't figure what's up, we check if the article is there, if it is,
discard, if it is not, move to failed.postings.

What do you think? Worth the effort?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/   - leafnode-1 tarballs
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ - leafnode-2 tarballs