RE: [leafnode-list] I can't get leafnod to run. Please help me!

[snip]
> > Is xinetd actually running and listening on that port? Can you try
> > "lsof -i:119" or "netstat -pl" (the latter as root) on the server?
> > What does ps aux | grep '[x]inetd' print?
>
> It prints NOTHING! Therefore, xinetd does not run on the
> server! I don't know
> how that happened, but I have to solve this!
> I'll try to restart it. Thank for the help.
> (I'll post again later on the mailing list even if it works)

I don't believe xinetd is installed if you do a "Workstation" class
install on RH 7.3.

You probably want to do a "rpm -qa xinetd".  If nothing comes back you
will want to go to ftp://updates.redhat.com and grab the latest version,
or do an "up2date xinetd".

--
William Hooper