Re: [leafnode-list] groups listed twice in groupinfo, and other

Jan Knutar <jknutar@xxxxxx> writes:

> figure of about 35,000. Then i grepped the groupinfo file for the group
> in question, and it showed up twice, with slightly different low and hi
> watermarks.

That should not have happened.

> The hi watermark was in the 65,000 range, and I'm wondering if there's
> a limit on the number of messages in a group?

Not a limit that low. I'm not sure if we support 2*10^9 or twice as much
articles per group.

> Other than that, is it normal for a group to show up twice in teh
> groupinfo file?

No, that Should Not Happen[tm]. Can you feed the output of your grep
through a hexdump utility and make sure that there are no control
characters that escape the display? Try hexdump, od, xxd (comes with
vim) if you don't know where to start?

Has that "double" newsgroup arrived recently? Could you show the lines
that grep offered?

Thanks for so patiently reporting your problems, your reports are much
appreciated.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/   - leafnode-1 tarballs
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ - leafnode-2 tarballs