Re: [leafnode-list] I can't get leafnod to run. Please help me! SOLVED

Hello!

Some days ago, I sent a message to this mailing list about a problem I had
with leafnode. I wasn't able to download news from my local server which is
running leafnode.

With your help, I noticed xinetd wasn't started on the computer running
leafnode. Xinetd refused to start because the /etc/passwd file was protected
(chattr +i /etc/passwd). I unprotected it (chattr -i /etc/passwd), and then
xinetd started.

Since this xinetd-related problem was solved, leafnode runs fine. Well, I
assume it runs fine from the beginning...
Thanks to all for your help! =)