Re: [leafnode-list] Re: leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20021108a

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@xxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, Nov 09 2002, Matthias Andree wrote:
>
>> This should fix the 4294967295 issue that Reiner Steib has
>> observed.
>
> It almost fixed it. I can access those groups now. But I lost (in the
> sense that I cannot see it im my newsreader) one article (number `0')
> in those groups.

Yes, leafnode's internal structures do not support 0 article numbers. If
someone sees these being newly stored AFTER the current 20021108 had
been installed, let me know please.

> For me, this is not important. When I subscribe to a new group now,
> it's okay: New articles start with number 2 (number 1 is dummy
> article, I guess).

Indeed, it is.

> It's this relevant part of the code:
>
> 	    if (is_interesting(l)
> 		    && (forceact || !(active && findgroup(l, active, -1)))
> 		    && chdirgroup(l, FALSE)) {
> 		first = ULONG_MAX;
> 		last = 0;
> 		unsigned long count;
> 		if (getwatermarks(&first, &last, &count) || 0 == count) {
> 		    /* trouble or empty group */
> 		    first = last = 0;
> 		}
> 	    }

Euhm, yes, I presume my GCC 3.2 which speaks ISO-C99 let it pass, but
your compiler wants ISO-C89.

> - Shouldn't the declaration "unsigned long count;" be at the top of
>   if-clause, before "first = ULONG_MAX;"? I moved it up, then I got:

Yes, it should.

> - "declaration of `count' shadows previous local". There's already a
>   declaration of `count' in line 1247. I removed the second
>   declaration, but I'm not sure if this is what you intended.

I'll review that change and fix it. Thanks for reporting this.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/   - leafnode-1 tarballs
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/ - leafnode-2 tarballs