Re: [leafnode-list] groups listed twice in groupinfo, and other

On Saturday 09 November 2002 14:08, you wrote:

> make clean
> make CC="gcc -DCHECKGROUPORDER"
>
> It may slow down leafnode a bit to an extent I have not benchmarked,
> that's why there is no --enable-, runtime option or documentation
> yet.

Yes, it takes about 45 minutes of 100% cpu to run it with
-DCHECKGROUPORDER...

First run of fetchnews -f cleared up all the duplicates, with lots of
warnings of the type:
in-core active file misorder at pos. 1058: "alt.2600.AOL" vs.
"alt.2600.aol"

Whatever group that is, it seems to be on the upstream servers...
Now, nothing seems to have been logged through syslog at all, that a
good sign?

After running fetchnews -f, I ran 'fetchnews -v', which fetched list of
all groups from all servers again... I thought that's ok, now with the
groupinfo fixed maybe it needs one more run to retrieve list and if any
server doesn't work I will see it... But I was once again flooded by
the error message mentioned above...

Makes me think the source of the problem is somewhere else and still in
there... Could it be upper case lower case thing in the error message
above?

One upstream server seems to run newscache as well, I seem to recall
reading that newscache isn't quite fully functional?