Re: [leafnode-list] Cannot obtain lock file, aborting.

"Michael O'Quinn" <michael@xxxxxxxxxxx>:

> This may be redundant, but have you tried simply re-booting?  Not
> long ago, I had process that would NOT die, and others that would
> die but not completly - they would not release all their resources,
> including file-locks.  Very bizarre.

if the signal-handler in such processes aren't programmed to release
resources, they will remain allocated.  the kernel takes care about
some resources automatically, but it cannot know about all of them.
bad lockfile programming can't be repaired by the kernel if it cannot
determine these files aren't to be used by other programs as well.

clemens