Re: [leafnode-list] Need Leafnode 2.0?

On Fri, Nov 15, 2002 at 02:15:29AM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> If you want to give it a whirl without killing your existing leafnode-1
> version, use --prefix and possibly --sysconfdir to install leafnode-2
> into a separate directory.

.. and check twice that --sysconfdir is set right. It may not default
to PREFIX/etc and --sysconfdir='${prefix}/etc' may not work at all [1].

> Note that you cannot share filter files or spool and you may have to
> modify the configuration, so you cannot use --sysconfdir=/etc/leafnode,
> try --prefix=/opt/leafnode2 --sysconfdir=/etc/leafnode2 instead.

It also seems to be a bad idea to install the new spool within the old
spool [2] because the old texpire seems to check the new spool, too.

regards
 Thor 'the new version is a lot faster :-)' sten

Footnotes:
[1]  Message-ID: <i0srqa-ur5.ln@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> or is that already fixed?
[2]  I did so because /var/spool is a reiserfs partion here and I
     though ...
--
There's a door
Where does it go?