Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode Daemon cannot be connected to

On Sat, 16 Nov 2002, Falk Husemann wrote:

> The required Lines in /etc/hosts.allow and .deny were also made with
> the added value of "192.168.1.0/255.255.255.0" to allow LAN-Clients to
> connect. Now if I try to connect to the server with "telnet localhost
> 119" or by a LAN-Client I get an error that the connection was refused.
> Even if I comment all lines dedicated to leafnode in /etc/hosts.allow
> and .deny out.
>
> What am I doing wrong? Can you help me?

This sounds like a firewall problem.  You don't specify what
distribution or version you're using, but newer versions of Red
Hat come with a firewall set by default.  Look into ipchains or
iptables--on Red Hat 7.2 "/sbin/ipchains -L" (as root) will show
the current configuration.

--
Theodore Heise   <theo@xxxxxxxx>   West Lafayette, IN, USA