Re: [leafnode-list] Need Leafnode 2.0?

On Wed, 20 Nov 2002 12:28, you wrote:
> Doug Laidlaw schrieb am Mittwoch, den 20. November 2002:
> > But there is nothing to post.  This is about getting articles.
>
> Does it exit prematurely? Are there any errors in the syslog? Is perhaps
> the upstream server being fed articles it had missed before and
> therefore showing high "new article" rates, so to say?

No, I am fetching the "comp.os.linux.xxx" series, and they can have very many
- hence the suggestion in config to expire these groups sooner. With
debugmode set at maximum, all the verbosity appears on the terminal, as if I
had run fetchnews with about vvvvvv.  Nothing is written to news.err.  In
this mode, it scrolls through the groupinfo list, then prints the usual
messages abiout connecting, then prints the text of the first message in
full, then it hangs - it doesn't exit.  If I exit with Ctrl-C then start
fetchnews again, I get the same procedure and the next message in the queue,
then the same thing happens.  On the first run, with the value for debugmode
suggested in config, I got 500 messages in about 3 tries.  That is what I
mean when I said that it is like a buffer filling up.  Less verbosity, more
downloaded.  On each occasion I have used fetchnews with -vvv.

Doug.