Re: [leafnode-list] Need Leafnode 2.0?

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> full, then it hangs - it doesn't exit.  If I exit with Ctrl-C then start
>> fetchnews again, I get the same procedure and the next message in the queue,
>> then the same thing happens.  On the first run, with the value for debugmode
>> suggested in config, I got 500 messages in about 3 tries.  That is what I
>> mean when I said that it is like a buffer filling up.  Less verbosity, more
>> downloaded.  On each occasion I have used fetchnews with -vvv.
>
> Strange, it seems to work fine for me. Do you use delaybody? In either
> case, try to reprocude a debug log (see config.example) that includes
> NNTP logging, and send it to me.

it might well be a firewall problem.  are you filtering ICMP type
host-unreach (3?) messages, doug?  if so, any changes or unfavourable
changes of the MTU (maximum transmission unit) might not propagate
properly.  you might also have improper network conifguration in the
first place.  see http://alive.znep.com/~marcs/mtu/.

clemens