Re: [leafnode-list] Client: Unable to read configuration file

Werner Partner schrieb am Dienstag, den 26. November 2002:

> I update leafnode, I got 1.9.29.
> rpm -U ...
>
> After installation leafnode did not start, - unable to read config file.
> I saw that config and filters were renamed, I copied them, so leafnode
> started,

Were they? What version did you have before that?

> fetchnews is working - everything is o.k.
>
> But now Client (Windows 98, Netscape) says:
>
> Ein Diskussionsfehler (NNTP) liegt vor:
> Unable to read configuration file, exiting.

"Interesting" translation. Well, nevermind, it quotes the original error
message.

> What's wrong?

The news log should have more information, check /etc/syslog.conf to
figure where the news log is written to.

If you don't have any news log, see the bottom of README, starting at
"DEBUGGING", modify the configuration accordingly and restart the client
to reproduce the error, and look into the news log again.

Another problem might be if your rpm installed the leafnode executable
to a different place, but your [x]inetd.conf still points to the old
executable. "rpm -ql leafnode | grep leafnode" shows where the leafnode
NNTP server part, "leafnode", is installed. Make sure your xinetd.conf
or inetd.conf file matches the new location.

Matthias