[leafnode-list] Is leafnode vulnerable to buffer overflows ?

Hello,

I'm (still) using 1.9.25rel and just had a warning message that a
message just received from the upstream server contained illegal
headers, it seems this message was deleted by leafnode, it's not in
/var/spool/news/... and so I can't tell the message-it, it came from
de.comp.os.unix.apps.kde

This event just lead me to the question, whether leafnode in general or
version 1.9.25rel could ever be attacked by a message with badly
malformed headers to execute remote commands ?

Regards
Malte