[leafnode-list] not retrieving messages

Ok, I successfully compiled, installed and configured leafnode, retrieved
(or at least partially) retrieved a newrsc from multiple hosts and
configured two Usenet clients to connect and read messages.

Outlook Express:

I get a listing of new messages, if I click on one in the preview pane I
sees some text indicating that this message has been marked for download. I
don't however see the message.  I can't figure out how to make the message
display.

Forte Agent:

It seems to work better and actually says press ENTER to retrieving article,
if I press enter I see briefly "retrieving article..." but then nothing but
headers.  On some occasions it does seem to retrieve the article but I
haven't been able to ascertain what the pattern is yet.  I think it might be
that the person posting used the same Usenet client.

I have tried changing delaybody but it doesn't seem to matter either way.
I've also tried a few other things to know avail so ....  If anyone can
explain how I can get it to read messages (even if it has to download all
headers and bodies first)  I would be greatly appreciative, especially if it
will work in outlook express.

Also, can fetchnews run in some sort of daemon mode or is cron the only
option besides manual invocation?

-Mark