Re: [leafnode-list] Name conflicts?

<x-flowed>
At 11:33 26-12-2002, you wrote:
> Newsgroup name conflict: alt.nuke.the.USA vs. alt.nuke.the.usa
> Newsgroup name conflict, chose alt.nuke.the.usa
fetchnews -f MIGHT fix it, but if it does not, there's not much we could
Well, it actually did fix it... :-)

[...]
Try connecting to your upstream with
telnet your.upstream.server 119
then type
list newsgroups alt.nuke.the.*
and if it has both the .usa and .USA groups, then contact the news
administrator and tell him about the problem. He might remove one of the
conflicting groups.
Only opne problem there: They don´t! The "conflicting" groups was fetched
from seperate servers.

news.warn<TAB>/var/log/news.log
news.* did the trick - after I got if filtered out from the first line that
caused it to be written into two logfiles simultanously... :-)