Re: [leafnode-list] Re: How to archive groups

Hi Reiner,

Reiner Steib <4uce.02.r.steib@xxxxxxx> writes:

>> Is there a recommended way to archive news groups with leafnode?
>
> Set the groupexpire parameter (for that group) to a reasonable high
> ## to archive a group, just set this to 24800 for now, which is 68 years

This is not exactly what I mean. I wanted to move articles to another
place as they appear, just like INN's "archive" program.

Since leafnode uses simple text files for overviews, I suppose that
setting groupexpire to infinity for large groups will lead to horrible
performance.

--
\  /                                       vlad@xxxxxxxxxxx
 \/lad                                     http://www.hashbang.de