[leafnode-list] lock file permission

Hello list,

New to leafnode, and for a few weeks ungratefully
unaware of it because it worked quietly and reliably in
the background. But now:

$ sudo fetchnews
mkstemp(/sw/var/run/fetchnews.lck.0000000362) failed: Permission denied
Cannot obtain lock file, aborting.

Mark: this might be a Mac or Fink problem, because I ran
a Fink update yesterday, and apparently something went
wrong with file permissions. I checked the leafnode
files and everything seems to be as it should.

More diagnostics:

$ sudo inetd -d
ADD : nntp proto=tcp, wait=0, user=news builtin=0 server=/usr/libexec/tcpd
bind failed on nntp/tcp: Address already in use

Address in use? By whom?

$ telnet localhost 119
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.9.25.rel running at localhost (my fqdn: krille.blacktrash.org)

I tried and searched the archives but to no avail.

Any ideas anybody?

TIA

Ich bin eine Null. Eine Null ist eine runde Sache.
(Christian Ebert, Der Hanullmann)
---> www.blacktrash.org/hanullmann/hanullmann.html