[leafnode-list] Perhaps slightly OT, but a leafnode connection...

Greetings,

I'm still running 2.0b8_ma9 and happy with it. However, starting 27/12
I'm having major problems with texpire. I have scheduled texpire to run
at 0300 every day, but since that date it does not complete. Instead,
it hangs somewhere when running, locking the whole system making it
impossible to use and access both from the console or from ssh-ing in
to it. It also makes the disklight stay on. The only way to escape
out of it is to reset the system.

Trying to run texpire with -f -vvvv doesn't really show where it hangs,
but my guess would be it's when trying to texpire the group
alt.binaries.multimedia.babylon5, as the group prior to it gets
completed according to the info on screen.

Env: SuSe 8.0, leafnode 2.0b8_ma9, T1 connection, /var is 72% used.

Update: I just tried going into
/var/spool/news/alt/binaries/multimedia/babylon5 and remove files by
hand, but I can't even do an ls, since the system than hangs as above.
I'm now thinking maybe it's not a leafnode problem, but can anyone
give me any advice how to either find out what's wrong or give ideas
for fixing it ? I'd rather not reinstall /var...

--
Anders Jarnberg in Stockholm, Sweden
running SusE 8.1 Pro with KDE and