Re: [leafnode-list] Perhaps slightly OT, but a leafnode

On 29 Dec 2002 15:14:57 +0100
"clemens fischer" <ino-qc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Anders Jarnberg <linuxdude@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Env: SuSe 8.0, leafnode 2.0b8_ma9, T1 connection, /var is 72% used.
>72% isn't very helpful.  you need a few megabytes free space in your
>news-spool.

anders@newsbox:~> df -h /var
/dev/hdd5              23G   17G  6.6G  72% /var

>> Update: I just tried going into
>> /var/spool/news/alt/binaries/multimedia/babylon5 and remove files by
>> hand, but I can't even do an ls, since the system than hangs as above.
>> I'm now thinking maybe it's not a leafnode problem, but can anyone
>> give me any advice how to either find out what's wrong or give ideas
>> for fixing it ? I'd rather not reinstall /var...
>
>can you do an ls(1) elsewhere?  what about inodes and swap (try df(1))?

Yes, I can do an ls in /var/spool/news/alt/binaries/multimedia but not
below that.

anders@newsbox:~> df -i /var
Filesystem            Inodes   IUsed   IFree IUse% Mounted on
/dev/hdd5            4294967295       0 4294967295    0% /var

I'm not sure what that indicates though...

I also just did a "du" and got the following:
141     ./alt/tv/babylon-5
141     ./alt/tv
du: `./alt/binaries/multimedia/babylon5/43411': Permission denied
du: `./alt/binaries/multimedia/babylon5/43412': Permission denied
and then the system is hung big-time.

I tried to remove the files indicated above (43411&43412) but then
the system hangs again. Is there anything more I can do that might
help solve the situation, or should I just wipe it all and start over ?

--
Anders Jarnberg in Stockholm, Sweden
running SusE 8.1 Pro with KDE and