Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Please confirm your message

Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Richard van der Hoff <richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> It's not really misconfigured, so much as misguided.  The problem is, in
>> part, that the leafnode-list engine doesn't change the sender header,
>
> Oh, correct, I forgot about that.

yet another reason to implement a "real" ml-software.  i think the
messages causing this thread are from my qconfirmer, a qmail-add-on
that simply doesn't take into account that emails could arrive from a
list with the real originators envelope-sender.

toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de is whitelisted, of course, and most
contributors will have noticed that they did _not_ have to answer the
confirmer.  i do that about twice every day, but it's a fact that
leafnode is the only mailinglist left that isn't run properly.

matthias, you haven't been the "victim" of the confirmer because .de
is whitelisted except for some blacklisted offenders.

i have offered several proposals to you and cornelius to use one of
the several state-of-the-art ml-softwares.

> It stomps over the Message-ID-header, so you can use that to filter. Not
> something qconfirm would be expected to look at though (for figuring the
> sender address).

true.

  clemens

ps:  i think i'm on 50+ lists, none of which causes any trouble like this.