Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Please confirm your message

"clemens fischer" <ino-qc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> yet another reason to implement a "real" ml-software.  i think the
> messages causing this thread are from my qconfirmer, a qmail-add-on
> that simply doesn't take into account that emails could arrive from a
> list with the real originators envelope-sender.
>
> toxi.uni-wuerzburg.de is whitelisted, of course, and most
> contributors will have noticed that they did _not_ have to answer the
> confirmer.  i do that about twice every day, but it's a fact that
> leafnode is the only mailinglist left that isn't run properly.

For some reason, Cornelius chose to install BeroList with envelope
sender rewriting off (it does have this feature). Nevermind, we should
be able to switch to either Mailman 2.1mumble or Exim + qmail +
ezmlm(-idx) soon.

Exim allows to forward mail with special prefix or suffix to a program,
that should get the job done, and the reverse path I'd have to code,
it'd be a program that speaks qmail-queue on the input side and calls
sendmail on the other side.

Would Mailman 2.1 or ezmlm or ezmlm-idx be preferred? Who maintains
ezmlm-idx nowadays?

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/