Re: [leafnode-list] noread patch (Reading and posting to different

Dmitry Samersoff <dsamersoff@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Sorry, My english is not perfect. I try to describe my problem better:
>
> First server: good link, no posting permissions
>
> It contains group:
>
> comp.unix.programmer  msg 26000 - 36000
>
> Another server, posting OK
> more disk space, faster update from upstream,
> but SLOW and EXPENSIVE link to me.
>
> It contains:
> comp.unix.programmer msg 15000 - 37000
>
> Current behaviour:
>
> Leafnode first fetchs msg 26000 - 36000 from server one,
> then fetchs msg 15000 - msg 26 000 (it could be regulated by maxage)
> and msg 36 000 -37 000 (it can't be regulated) from server two.
>

> Expected  behavioure:
>
> Leafnode first fetchs msg 26000 - 36000 from server one, wait for anothe
> fetchnews run and fetch msg 36000 - msg 37000 from server two. But still
> post all messages to server two.
>
> To force it, I add noread flag to configuration:
>   server = slowlink.example.com
>   noread = 1

Ah, there we get charging the problem. There is no "noread" option.

Try this:

server = fast.example.com # does not let you post
nopost = 1

server = slow.example.com # lets you post
# nopost = 0 need not be configured explicitly

This should fetch anything from fast.example.com first, and then the
missing articles from slow.example.com. It will always try to post to
slow.example.com. (The order of server= lines in the file is the same as
the order of contacting the servers.)

--
Matthias Andree
leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/