Re: [leafnode-list] (no subject)

<x-flowed>
Witold Władysław Wojciech Wilk wrote:

Dnia Wed, 15 Jan 2003 22:42:46 EST niejaki(a) Mike Ayers
<mgayers@xxxxxxxxxxx> napisał(a):

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get past this problem?

I'm having a problem like that also.

I have the following snippet in /etc/ppp/ip-up before actually calling fetchnews. Works for me.

        # /var/run/fetch.lck sometimes is not deleted, so check for old
        # lockfile & delete if older than 60m
        if [ -e /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck ] ; then
          find /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck -amin +60 -exec rm \
               /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck ';'
        fi

YMMV & HAND & HTH
leo