Re: [leafnode-list] noread patch (Reading and posting to different

Dmitry Samersoff <dsamersoff@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

> Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Dmitry Samersoff <dsamersoff@xxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> Ah, there we get charging the problem. There is no "noread" option.
>> Try this:
>> server = fast.example.com # does not let you post
>> nopost = 1
>> server = slow.example.com # lets you post
>> # nopost = 0 need not be configured explicitly
>> This should fetch anything from fast.example.com first, and then the
>> missing articles from slow.example.com. It will always try to post to
>> slow.example.com. (The order of server= lines in the file is the same as
>> the order of contacting the servers.)
>
> Yes! I would like to forbid leafnode to fetch missing aritcles from slow
> server in any case, just wait when the same articles appear on fast one.
>
> So I make a very limited  number of changes to support noread config
> options.

Now I know what this was all about. Thanks a lot, your patch will be
part of leafnode 1.9.33. Actually I intended not to add features, but
this one is clean, compatible with previous releases and addresses a
routing problem, so it's more of a fix actually, so I merged it.

If you spell your name in Cyrillic letters usually, feel free to send me
(to my private mail address, not to the list) a mail with your name in
original spelling and original character set (UTF-8 preferred, but
ISO-8859* or KOI8 are also fine if declared properly in a MIME-formatted
mail), so I can add your name with correct spelling to the CREDITS file.

(This offer is also valid for other leafnode contributors, of course.)

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/