Re: [leafnode-list] (no subject)

<x-flowed>
Matthias Andree wrote:

Leopold Toetsch <lt@xxxxxxxxxx> writes:

# /var/run/fetch.lck sometimes is not deleted, so check for old # lockfile & delete if older than 60m if [ -e /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck ] ; then find /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck -amin +60 -exec rm \ /var/lock/news/fetchnews.lck ';' fi

Hum, where's the code that kills a hung fetchnews/texpire process?

The "code" is this:
px=()
{
    ps auxwww | grep "[${1:0:1}]${1:1}"
}
$ px fet # ;-)

I.e. when I see no new news for some time, I run this px alias to see hung fetch{news,mail} processes and kill them manually. This could of course be done in ip-down, but its happening not very often, so I don't care.

If it's just an old lock file lying around, the leafnode programs will
know how to remove it.

Normally yes. But somewhere is a hole. (leafnode-2.0-snapshot-20020715a.tar.bz2)

leo