Re: [leafnode-list] fetching news

Rick Pasotto <rick@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am running leafnode 1.9.27 on debian.
>
> I have both 'noactive = 1' and 'nodesc = 1' set but everytime that I run
> fetchnews it wastes a lot of time and bandwidth 'Getting all newsgroups
> from ...'
>
> How can I alter this behavior?

Noactive avoids RE-downloading the file after "timeout_active" days, but
it will not defeat downloading it for the first time.

Leafnode will need a newsgroup list, so you'll have to let the download
complete at least once. If the download completes successfully and
fetchnews redownloads the list next time you run it, then please try to
obtain debug information, details are in the DEBUGGING section of the
README file. (dpkg -L leafnode might show you where it is AFAIK, not
using Debian).

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/