[leafnode-list] texpire problems ?

Hello,

I just managed to fill up my /var partition, due to not having set
initialfetch to a good value. Had 15 MB space left.

To try to clean up the mess in a nice way, I changed the expire values
in my config. Being a bit cautious, I tried texpire with the "-n" flag
to see what was happening before running it full time. But nothing
happened. I changed the config for a shorter expire, but texpire -n
always said 0 articles deleted. Without changing the config file, I
finally ran without the "-n" flag, and then articles get deleted.
See this log:

++++++++++++++++++
testbox:/var/log # texpire -n -f -vv
texpire 2.0.0.alpha20021229a: check mtime only
Checking if there are local posts sitting in the queue...
found 0 articles in in.coming.
message.id: 0 articles deleted, 261195 kept
testbox:/var/log # texpire -f -vv
texpire 2.0.0.alpha20021229a: check mtime only
Checking if there are local posts sitting in the queue...
found 0 articles in in.coming.
message.id: 72229 articles deleted, 188966 kept

Have I missed something in the docs ?  Does texpire work in another
way ?  Shouldn't I have gotten the same numbers ?

--
Anders Jarnberg in Stockholm, Sweden
running SusE 8.1 Pro with KDE and