[leafnode-list] listserve gateway?

Hi folks,

This may be a dumb question, but here goes anyway.  :)

I subscribe to a mailing list that is generally echoed to Usenet.
The listmaster is looking for a backup gateway.

I have leafnode-2.0b8_ma9 running on my P-100 Red Hat 7.2 box,
peering with my ISP every 15 minutes.  If he has some facility
that converts mail to news, is it as simple as allowing him an
nntp connection to my leafnode that his system can use if his
primary news server isn't available?

--
Theodore Heise   <theo@xxxxxxxx>   West Lafayette, IN, USA