Re: [leafnode-list] Wrong Message: Mail Delivery failed???

On Sun, 26 Jan 2003, Werner Partner wrote:

> Nearls every time, when I send a mail to
> leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, I get following mail back,
> but the mail arrives nevertheless:

> This message was created automatically by mail delivery software (Exim).

>   rmk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after MAIL FROM:<kairos@xxxxxxxxxxx>:
>     host toad.rmkhome.com [216.17.154.226]: 550 5.7.1 Access denied
>   cquer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>     SMTP error from remote mailer after RCPT TO:<cquer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>     host dns01.infocamere.it [80.82.0.70]: 533 sorry, that envelope is
> not allowed (#5.7.1)

As I understand it, this is the result of a list subscriber (rmk)
who believes each list member wanting to post to the list should
make the effort to add himself to rmk's whitelist.

--
Theodore Heise   <theo@xxxxxxxx>   West Lafayette, IN, USA