Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20030127a released

At 06:43 PM 1/27/03, you wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have released leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20030127a. It is available for
>download from: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/

Ok, I decided to get this latest snapshot for the Leafwa development
I am doing, and I decided to try the old RPM install method by
building it with the rpmbuild -tb that was mentioned in another
message.

Mandrake 8.2 w/ security patches
Built an x586 RPM
rpmbuild -tb leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20030127a
rpm -i leafnode-2.0.0.alpha20030127a

Am I missing something in README, or is there something missing
about the steps you go through to avoid this at step 15:

# fetchnews
cannot stat /var/spool/news/leaf.node/groupinfo: No succh file or directory, may cause bad performance
Segmentation fault

The same thing happens with texpire.

I am installing leafnode strictly for local.groups use...  I did create a
local.groups file, but didn't figure I should be making a groupinfo file
since leafnode normally does that for me when I edit local.groups.

I suppose I'm suggesting clarification if an RPM is used.  I don't seem to
remember running into this when I did a make install...

In any event, I wouldn't really have thought a Segmentation fault was a
friendly way of saying I am an idiot and need to read the manual...  :-)