[leafnode-list] leafnode-1.9.33.devel4 available

Hi,

I've released another candidate for leafnode-1.9.33 after finding and
fixing a major bug in fetchnews, leafnode-1.9.33.devel4. It is available
from http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/.

It contains two important changes over devel3:

1. It was possible that downloaded articles ended up in out.going in
setups with more than one upstream server, and tried to get posted to
the upstream where they'd hopefully get rejected as duplicates --
however because they were tried on the next server, they've been
short-lived, and the exact nature of the bug was not found, so I added
robustness fixes to other places, and probably was overzealous in the
fix, but better safe than sorry. I think the bug is in older versions as
well, but I'm not investigating this, use leafnode-1.9.33.devel4 if in
doubt.

2. I've also changed the out.going/*/ stuff to be compatible with
leafnode 1.9.22 and older: the u+x flag is no longer needed as "article
is complete and may be posted" marker (by leafnode's nntpd), but instead
the u+r is used, to avoid the many "my posts just keep sitting in
out.going" from users who just updated but can't be bothered to read the
NEWS file. My apologies for not listing this problem in README.

Here's the NEWS file section for 1.9.33:

* 1.9.33, 2003-01-XX

### BUGFIXES
- Fix client hang when an article had suffered corruption and its Message-ID
  could not be retrieved. Also consider the article broken and unlink it.
- Compatibility: leafnode 1.9.23 to 1.9.32 have used the u+x flag in out.going
  to mark an article "complete". This was incompatible with versions 1.9.22
  and before. It has been changed to u+r, which improves compatibility, posts
  are no longer stuck in out.going, and even older versions won't read
  incomplete posts.
- Switching delaybody off no longer makes bodies of article headers retrieved
  before the switch inaccessible. (affects leafnode, fetchnews)
- Pseudo article display was fixed for newsgroups that were once there but
  that have expired without their article pointers reset in the groupinfo file.
- Fix local article number extraction again, along the lines suggested by
  Fumiaki Miura. This bug marked the wrong article for download if a header
  of the structure "Xref: my.ser.ver abcabc:20 abc:10" was in the article.
- Ralf Wildenhues fixed two subtle bugs in signal handling again, making sure
  we don't warp backwards in the program flow when ^C is pressed twice.
- The nodesc flag was not in effect for fetchnews -f or after adding a new
  server, making fetchnews redownload the FULL active file over and over again.
- Downloaded articles don't show up in out.going in multi-server setups any
  more, they did when articles to post were in out.going because fetchnews
  messed up its directories.

### CHANGES: documentation
- Options added since 1.9.20 now appear with the leafnode version when the
  option was introduced in the manual pages.

### CHANGES: fetchnews
- Leafnode will now use the "ARTICLE" command to download articles if no
  filterfile is defined or if the new "article_despite_filter" option is set
  and "delaybody" is off. This speeds up article download, particularly on
  high-latency links such as interleaved DSL or satellite links.
- There is a new global option, "article_despite_filter", defaults to 0 for
  compatibility.
- There is a new per-server option, "noread", which defaults to 0 and is
  therefore compatible with previous releases of leafnode.
  If set, the server is not queried for active files or articles (but
  skipped), but posting to this server is still tried. Useful to  complement
  "nopost".  Courtesy of Dmitry Samersoff <dsamersoff@xxxxxxxxx>.
- Fetchnews compares the local clock to that of the upstream server it's
  talking to if the upstream supports the "DATE" command, and warns if both
  clocks are more than 10 minutes apart (but the program will continue for
  compatibility.)

### CHANGES: leafnode
- The DATE command is now supported.