Re: [leafnode-list] Newsgroup seems corrupted

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am using Leafnode 1.9.24 with Mandrake 9.0.
>
> Suddenly,  in Knode, the group alt.os.linux.mandrake makes Knode "freeze"
> whenever I try to expand any thread.  I can choos single articles O.K.  It
> only happens in that one group, and it doesn't happen with Pan.

Please try a recent version (such as 1.9.33.devel4) and see if that
problem persists. If it does, please see the DEBUGGING section of
"README" and obtain a debug log, see what commands KNode sends, and
check if "leafnode" hangs -- if it does, try to obtain a stack
backtrace, see http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/FAQ.html

> Is there a way that i can delete the files for that one group or let them be
> reconstituted?

You can rm -r /var/spool/news/alt/os/linux/mandrake and then run texpire
-f. I wonder if that helps. I'd ask you to update first.

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/