Re: [leafnode-list] Newsgroup seems corrupted

On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> "Robert Marshall" <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
>> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
>>
>>> I am using Leafnode 1.9.24 with Mandrake 9.0.
>>>
>>> Suddenly, in Knode, the group alt.os.linux.mandrake makes Knode
>>> "freeze" whenever I try to expand any thread.  I can choos single
>>> articles O.K.  It only happens in that one group, and it doesn't
>>> happen with Pan.
>>>

>> This is a problem with knode and someone who has posted a self
>> referencing article in that group - there's a thread on the subject
>> there but you might find it  a little difficult to read!!
>
> Do you happen to have any references (URL) I could add to the leafnode
> FAQ before I release 1.9.33?

Can't see any helpful urls in that thread
(vjDZ9.2087$nD1.563013@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx,
subject: Knode locking up on A.O.L.M only, other groups ok)

I happened to try gnus-summary-refer-parent-article for some reason on the
culprit article, blinked a bit when nothing happened, tried it a few times
and then moved on puzzled

The workaround appears to be an upgrade to knode 3.1 or messing around
with knodes cache and deleting the files from the leafnode tree...

Robert
--
Robert Marshall