Re: [leafnode-list] Newsgroup seems corrupted

On Thu, 30 Jan 2003 12:41 am, you wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Jan 2003, Doug Laidlaw wrote:
> > I am using Leafnode 1.9.24 with Mandrake 9.0.
> >
> > Suddenly, in Knode, the group alt.os.linux.mandrake makes Knode
> > "freeze" whenever I try to expand any thread.  I can choos single
> > articles O.K.  It only happens in that one group, and it doesn't
> > happen with Pan.
>
> This is a problem with knode and someone who has posted a self
> referencing article in that group - there's a thread on the subject
> there but you might find it  a little difficult to read!!

I have updated the position under Matthias' thread, but you are right.

Since it is a Knode problem, what matters is when Knode expires the offending
article, not Leafnode.  Knode was set to expire unread articles after 15
days.  I have set it to the same as Leafnode - 10 days, although I have
"Remove articles that aren't available on the server" checked.

Doug.