Re: [leafnode-list] leafnode 2.x - problems and questions

Werner Partner <kairos@xxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> In inetd.conf there is written:
> nntp stream tcp nowait news /usr/sbin/tcpd /usr/local/sbin/leafnode
>
> After coming up Linux, leafnode is not visible by ps -ax

That's normal. It's started no earlier than required by a client.

> I use netscape under Windows in a LAN, pulling news from leafnode takes
> relatively long time (about 1 Minute), and sometimes I have the feeling
> that there are irritations so that the postings are not visible.
>
> I realized no that it is not possible to post to lafnode.
>
> Message is: "Nachricht gesendet; Warten auf Antwort" - and the nothing
> happens.
> Now with ps -ax leafnode is visible.

What's in the logs? Check
http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/leafnode-readme.txt -- while this
belongs to leafnode-1, its DEBUGGING section also applies to
leafnode-2. You'll need to look at that to get useful debugging.

--
Matthias Andree
leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/