Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews - Permission denied

Hi Matthias

Thanks for the hint! It work's now.
But why I can't connect from my Interface?

Localhost works correctly :
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to 127.0.0.1.
Escape character is '^]'.
200 Leafnode NNTP Daemon, version 1.9.26.rel running at
localhost.localnet-ch.eur (my fqdn: beastie.localnet-ch.eur)
quit
205 Always happy to serve!
Connection closed by foreign host.

if I connect via 192.168.0.6 :
beastie#  telnet 192.168.0.6 nntp
Trying 192.168.0.6...
Connected to 192.168.0.6.
Escape character is '^]'.
Connection closed by foreign host.

tcpdchk :
beastie# /usr/sbin/tcpdchk -v
Using network configuration file: /etc/inetd.conf

>>> Rule /etc/hosts.allow line 1:
daemons:  leafnode
clients:  192.168.0.0/255.255.255.0
access:   granted

Everythings look's fine.
I can ping my Interface (192.168.0.6).

Whats wrong?
Again thanks for your hint!

Benny Gee

                    Matthias
                    Andree                To:
                    <matthias.andr        leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                    ee@xxxxxx>            cc:
                                          Subject:     Re: [leafnode-list] Fetchnews -
                    02.09.03 08:01        Permission denied
                    PM
                    Please respond
                    leafnode-list

ben.gee@xxxxxxxxxx schrieb am Sunday, den 09. February 2003:

> mkstemp(/var/spool/news/fetchnews.lck.SHufyl9476) failed: Permission
denied
> Cannot obtain lock file, aborting.
>
> What's the problem? Leafnode run's under news :
> nntp            stream  tcp     nowait  news    /usr/libexec/tcpd
/usr/local/sbin/leafnode

> Security f the spool dir :
> beastie# ls -la
> total 19
> drwxr-xr-x     8 root  wheel    512 Feb  9 16:13 .

It has no permission to write into a directory that is owned by user
root, group wheel. Try chgrp news /var/spool/news ; chmod g+w
/var/spool/news -- or configure the lockfile to a different location.

Note 1.9.26 is outdated, use 1.9.33.

If you built from the OpenBSD port, please contact the port maintainer
for help.