[leafnode-list] Cannot ./configure

Hi,

I am trying to compile leafnode-1.9.33.rel and am getting the following error
message.  The system I have is Debian 3.0 (Woody) distribution.

/configure --with-spooldir
checking for gawk... gawk
configure: WARNING: ***
configure: WARNING: *** overriding sysconfdir to /etc/leafnode
configure: WARNING: *** use --sysconfdir to fix
configure: WARNING: *** use --sysconfdir='$prefix/etc' to get default autoconf behaviour
configure: WARNING: ***
checking spooldir... configure: error: you must give an absolute path

I did create /usr/local/etc directory but has no effect.  How can I get this to
compile on my system?

Thank you in advance.

--
Subba Rao