[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [leafnode-list] 1.9.34 posting failed

On 21 Feb '03,  1:17am +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
> Joshua Crawford <mortarn@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> > I'm unable to post since upgrading to 1.9.34. My newsreader tells me it
> > encountered an "Unknown Command." A file is created in out.going, containing
> > only the Path: and Sender: lines.
> I can see three bugs here, two in leafnode, one in your newsreader.
> The newsreader sends a bogus "." (possibly left over from the failed
> post) and leafnode rejects that "command". Please report this to the
> manufacturer of your newsreader with the log below, removing the config:
> lines, and tell them that the newsreader reconnected after leafnode
> aborted itself.

Will do.

> Leafnode allocates too small a buffer when extracting the domain part
> from the Message-ID, AND then checks if there is remaining data after
> the extracted string (which is always there for proper Message-IDs: the
> closing angle bracket).
> My apologies, I didn't test passing a Message-ID in a POST, it's not a
> mandatory header. I thought I'd let it settle for long enough. :-(

Hmm. I didn't realise that tin does this, since the MID on my posts is
obviously from leafnode (blah.ln1@hostname).

> The patch below fixes the problem and is part of Leafnode 1.9.35, which
> is due this hour.

That's done the job. Thank you.
Joshua 'bruce' Crawford                        http://geocities.com/mortarn
Phone: +61 404 084662                                         ICQ: 71445285

leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list