Re: [leafnode-list] Message-ID

"Mike Vanecek" <leafnode_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> ## If your newsreader does not supply a Message-ID for your postings
> ## a Message-ID.
>
> How can I force Leafnode to use the hostname setting for Message-ID if the
> news reader has a Message-ID?

Not at all. Leafnode does not tamper with news postings, and doing so
(particularly with the Message-ID) would cause duplicates of your
article and bring the wrath of many, administrators and users, on
yourself.

> I use slrn as a news reader and want to change what is inserted.

For turning or customizing the Message-ID in slrn, check slrn's
manual.txt, particularly, set generate_message_id to 0.

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/