Re: [leafnode-list] Ability to ignore messages posted to *.test

Urke MMI <urke-kg@xxxxxxxx> writes:

> Hello,
>
> I find usefull ability that may help me and manoy of my friends :)
>
> Can you add option that check if message is post to *.test group, so if
> is then check is that reply to first message in thread. If is reply then
> try to find in Subject line word 'ignore', and if not exist to add
> '[ignore]' to end of Subject line.
>
> I hope you understand what I mean :)

I understand your suggestion, but I will not add such an
option. Leafnode's job is not to change headers -- unless some RFC
requires so. As an alternative, some news readers are programmable, and
for virtually any script language you will find NNTP modules, or you can
run that stuff as root before running fetchnews to edit the
corresponding file in /var/spool/news/out.going/. This is something that
calls for grep and perl -i.

Make sure you only edit files that have the mode bit 0400 set (the files
start as mode 0244 that is --w-r--r-- and change to mode 0644 that is
-rw-r--r-- when they are complete).

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/