Re: [leafnode-list] changing header Xref

Mike Vanecek schrieb am 2003-03-15:

> On Sat, 15 Mar 2003 03:27:38 +0100, Matthias Andree wrote
> > "Mike Vanecek" <leafnode_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
> >
> > > I have my leafnode set as:
> > >
> > > hostname =
> >
> > You can just as well remove that line, leafnode ignores it.
>
> I certainly hope not. It is doing exactly what I need to protect my privacy.

It is ignored because it doesn't have anything on the right hand side.

> ## a Message-ID.
> # hostname = host.domain.country
> hostname = news.invalid.99computer

You're sacrificing reliability that way. It is prone to Message-ID
collisions which will cause your articles to be dropped on the floor
with an unsuspicious "article already available upstream" error
messages.

BTW, the References line you quoted looked corrupted.