[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[leafnode-list] leafnode 1.9.37.devel1
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
leafnode 1.9.37.devel1 is available for download from
It brings these changes. Please test:
- - Fetchnews properly tracks when reading the active file from a server fails
and retries and the next run.
### INCOMPATIBLE CHANGES
- - Leafnode programs now REQUIRE that they can read the spooldir (and not only
execute it). As the spooldir has always been readable, the impact of this
change is negligible.
- - The default lockfile location has changed to $spooldir/leaf.node/lock.file.
This is meant to prevent packaging errors, as the lock file must be in a
directory writable by the "news" user. --with-lockfile can be used to
configure the former lock file location which used to be
- - Leafnode programs now enfoce a umask of 02, just to be sure. Should have no
- - Fetchnews now prints an error message when saving the current working
directory fails when it tries to post articles.
- - Fetchnews now prints the reply from the upstream server when reading the
newsgroup list (all or new) fails.
- - The internal directory creation code has been revised.
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.7 (GNU/Linux)
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
leafnode-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx -- mailing list for leafnode
To unsubscribe, send mail with "unsubscribe" in the subject to the list