Re: [leafnode-list] changing header Xref

Joerg Dietrich <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> On Sat, Mar 15, 2003 at 03:26:53PM +0100, Matthias Andree wrote:
>> Jörg P. Dietrich schrieb am 2003-03-15:
>        ^^
> Your mutt is pretty smart. I didn't have that in my From: header
> :-) I assume it got that from my PGP key?

Rather from my aliases. Gnus doesn't do that. (see above)

>> out.going to not bear that header line. We don't store() into out.going,
>> but into the local spool only.
>
> Right, but even we did, the upstream would immediately overwrite
> the Xref: header, as I mentioned before.

Agreed, still people seek to get rid of that header and screw up their
hostnames, so I had thought I'd tell them it was not leafnode that added
the header.

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/