Re: [leafnode-list] Re: Version 1.9.33.rel

clemens fischer schrieb am 2003-03-19:

> Matthias Andree <ma@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
>
> > Herbert has a bugfixed version that works properly, 0.99.22p1, at
> > http://members.aon.at/hstraub/linux/newscache/
>
> what's the main difference between newscache and leafnode?

I haven't seen NewsCache in action, but it looks as though it was able
to cache articles in realtime, unlike leafnode which has the "fetch"
step. NewsCache claims providing offline functionality, but I haven't
tried that.

The original NewsCache home pages is sited at the Technical
University of Vienna, http://www.infosys.tuwien.ac.at/NewsCache/