Re: [leafnode-list] Spam

"Mike Vanecek" <leafnode_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I also use
>
> http://www.monkeys.com/wpoison/
>
> on my pages to cause spambots to go around in circles. Another approach is to
> password protect the pages, but announce the login information on the
> first page.

Any logs of successfully trapped crawlers? :-)

> You also said,  "For GMANE, you can include an X-Archive: encrypt header to
> have your sender address obfuscated."
>
> What is the exact format of that header,

Just "X-Archive: encrypt" in the header will to the job
(literally). GMANE will then replace your address by a TMDA-like
address. We can have that enabled for the list in general, but as
Cornelius is the list admin of this list, he'll have to do that or
approve it at least.

> Does it still need to be used on GMANE?

Yes, it does.

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/