RE: [leafnode-list] Re: Question regarding Fetchnews

Bill Gross said:
> I think the server disconnects by design, because the server always
> "goes away" after Fetchnews has been connected for about 21600 seconds.

[snip]

I found Earthlink's news server slower than anything anyway.

You might do what I do:
1) find a read-only news server (I use newscache2.freenet.de) which will
probably give you faster downloads anyway

2) Set Earthlink's server as teh second in your config, and all the
posting will be done on it.

This way you get most of the articles from the "fast" server, pick up a
couple on Earthlink's then post, and get the best of both words.
--
William Hooper