Re: [leafnode-list] Libwrap refuses connection

Doug Laidlaw <laidlaws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I am running Mandrake 9.0 with leafnode 1.9.29.  I am just reinstalling
> everything after a failed foray into Mandrake 9.1
>
> Leafnode seems to be running O.K. but knode can't connect.  I get a message
> "the connection is broken"  I can start the leafnode daemon, but telnet gets
> a response "Connection closed by foreign host."  The entry in syslog is
>
> "libwrap refused connection to nntp from 127.0.0.1"
>
> I have checked the usual: config, xinetd, hosts.allow and hosts.deny and
> $NNTPSERVER
>
> Any suggestions please?

What xinetd version ships with Mandrake 9.0?

What does tcpdchk print (but ignore messages about services not being
listed in inetd.conf, you're using xinetd.conf which tcpdchk does not
understand)?

Does adding

leafnode: [::ffff:127.0.0.1]

to hosts.allow help?

Depending on the xinetd version, xinetd might be unable to properly map
sockets, so if you could try the latest xinetd version from
http://xinetd.org, that might help solve the issue.

leafnode-1 download: http://sourceforge.net/projects/leafnode/
leafnode-1 docs/new: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/
leafnode-2 homepage: http://mandree.home.pages.de/leafnode/beta/