[leafnode-list] Re: Spam

"Mike Vanecek" <leafnode_lists@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Well, I wanted to set it system wide since I will not have control
> over which MUA (pine, mutt, etc) is used.

it is not customary to tell users what their needs are.  gmane
implements three or four different forms of the X-Archive header, to
accomodate people who don't want copies of their emails archived at
all to those who allow it, but only with encrypted headers.

both pine and mutt have configuration sections allowing custom
headers, and i think you should finally go RTFM.  especially pine
tells you every step online, while doing it.  you're asking too much
of this list to do _your_ homework.

sendmail should not inspect anything besides envelope data, that's
why it's called a MTA in the first place.  people may disagree on
things like delivery-notifications, the X-Archive header belongs into
user controlled ares (MUAs).

  clemens