Re: [leafnode-list] Leafnode 1.9.38.rel and RHL 9

Matthias Andree said:

>                 ----------------------------------------
>                  leafnode 1.9.38.rel has been released.
>                 ----------------------------------------

[snip]
> Leafnode 1.9.38 also improves NewsCache compatibility and has tighter
> checks to make sure that the prerequisites are there when building the
> RPM binary package.
[snip]
> ### CHANGES
> o The RPM spec file checks if pcre.h is in /usr/include/pcre or
> /usr/include.
>   This hopefully addresses RedHat 9 RPM build failures. (The leafnode RPM
>   should rely on the pcre RPM rather than including its own copy of PCRE
>   files, to avoid conflicts.) This is untested because the snprintf bugfix
>   above is critical and does not allow for further delay for testing.

Just tried it again, and with pcre-devel installed on RHL 9 the build
completes as expected (and as it did before).  Without pcre-devel I get:

[whooper@poit whooper]$ rpmbuild -tb leafnode-1.9.38.rel.tar.bz2
Executing(%prep): /bin/sh -e /home/whooper/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.19105
+ umask 022
+ cd /home/whooper/rpmbuild/BUILD
+ test -f /usr/include/pcre/pcre.h
+ test -f /usr/include/pcre.h
+ echo 'You MUST install the pcre-devel package before building this RPM.'
You MUST install the pcre-devel package before building this RPM.
+ exit 1
error: Bad exit status from /home/whooper/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.19105 (%prep)

RPM build errors:
    Bad exit status from /home/whooper/rpmbuild/tmp/rpm-tmp.19105 (%prep)
[whooper@poit whooper]$

So it looks like your test is working and halting the build.
--
William Hooper